Dot and the Line run creative workshops in screen printing, letterpress and lino printing from our studio in Leith, Edinburgh. Take a peek and sign up quick, places are strictly limited to three per session. Day workshops are £60 (Concessions £40) and evening workshops are £30 (Concessions £20). All materials are included in the cost of the workshop. Discounts are available to mailing list members.
Tutor Lou Davis will teach you everything you need to get started and you’ll leave with some prints, notebooks, bookmarks or greetings cards that you can be proud of.
“Lou understands the “why” for techniques inside out and encourages curiosity and playfulness to bring out your inner designer, making this a truly creative experience.”
“Lou is a knowledgeable, patient and incredibly well organised tutor. Get along to one of her sessions and have some creative fun.”
Evening Workshops Spring 2018
- Just My Type … an introduction to letterpress printing. Thursday 15th March. 6:30 – 9:30pm.
- Making an Impression … a bespoke letterpress business card workshop. Thursday 12th April. 6:30 – 9:30pm.
- Just My Type … an introduction to letterpress printing. Thursday 26th April. 6:30 – 9:30pm.
- Screen Play … experiment with screen printing using paper stencils. Thursday 17th May. 6:30 – 9:30pm.
Day Workshops Spring 2018
- Screen Play … photo emulsion screen printing in a day. Sunday 4th March. 10am – 4pm.
- Screen Play … make screen printed spiral bound notebooks. Saturday 7th April. 10am – 4pm.
- What a Relief … an introduction to relief printmaking. Sunday 29th April. 10am – 4pm.
Private workshops are also available for three people at our Leith studio or for more people at your own premises. Dot has taken letterpress and lino printing workshops on the road in recent months to community groups and events. Get in touch for more info.